Sealegs International is the world's leading manufacturer of amphibious boats and amphibious platform technology, proudly designed, developed and manufactured here in New Zealand.
The company has enjoyed steady and ongoing growth, and consequently now seeks to add two Amphibious Boat Assembly staff to the production team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build boats to specification, including hull shell fit out, hydraulic fitment, electrical fit out, installation of inboard and outboard engines plus instrumentation and other mechanical assembly tasks as required
- Undertake other tasks in the production facility, such as assisting with boat grooming, stock take and container loading in support of the overall team.
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Ideally you will have completed tertiary training and qualification in boat building or a comparable mechanical trade
- Mechanical aptitude and some work experience to confirm effective hands on skills
- Ability to construct in accordance with plans, work instructions and technical specifications
- Any prior boating experience welcomed, in terms of orientation to the product and the business
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- An eye for detail and a focus on quality workmanship
- Team player who can work well with others
- Able to work unsupervised as required and at a steady rate in order to interact effectively with others in the production team
- Enthusiastic and motivated approach to work
- Readiness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Focus on maintaining a clean, safe and productive work environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary will be qualified with potential candidates early in the application process in accordance with skills and experience.
The normal weekday ‘summer’ work hours are 7:00 – 4:00 Monday to Thursday and 07:00 to 1:00 on Friday.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
A cover letter should be submitted with your CV, setting out why you are the right person to take up this challenge.