- The main focus of the role will be to install, service and repair (up to full rebuild) the full range of Yanmar, John Deere, and Northern Lights diesel engines used in a wide range of marine and industrial applications (including main propulsion, power generation, pumps and anti-frost machinery), plus slipway work on vessels in the Orams yard (ranging in size up to superyachts) on props, shafts, couplings, gearboxes and seals.
- The job will be both workshop-based and mobile to attend client vessels in situ as required.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Recognised Trade Certification as a Diesel Mechanic / Technician (ideally from a marine background), working on service, maintenance and repairs to a range of craft as well as industrial applications.
- 3+ years of post-qualifying work experience and technical training in a comparable role
- Prior experience in the leisure marine sector is a big advantage, although we’ll certainly consider skilled people wishing to move into the marine world from, say automotive workshop work, subject to experience and orientation
- Knowledge and proven experience of the latest common-rail diesel technology and electronic engine management systems, plus the diagnostic workshop tools that support them
- Track record of great results in a mechanical workshop role, ideally featuring a major marine brand, such as Yanmar
- Competent user level of standard desktop IT applications
- Clean NZ car driver licence
- Self-sufficient and autonomous approach to the demands of the role, with the ability to take a job and see it through to completion
- Highly motivated, punctual, well-organised and a disciplined approach to work
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills to methodically chase down and fix problems
- Neat and tidy worker
- Personable manner with the interpersonal and professional skills to liaise with customers directly as part of working on their vessels
- We’d be happy to consider someone who is looking to extend their skills and perhaps make the first steps – with appropriate support - into supervisory position in due course
- Passionate ‘boatie’ preferred!
Wage: negotiable according to experience.
A company vehicle may be available.
Comprehensive and regular technical training available
Working Hours: 45-hours per week between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays,with a half hour for lunch.
Company uniform and footwear is provided.
Incorporated in October 1990, Power Equipment NZ is the exclusive authorised New Zealand, Australian and South Pacific Distributor of Yanmar Marine and Industrial diesel engines, as well as Yanmar-powered MASE diesel marine generators range, Yanmar oil and coolants, Gori folding sailboat propellers, and other leading marine and industrial brands. John Deere has more recently been added to the extensive stable of quality brands as well.
The company enjoys an enviable reputation as a reputable supplier and servicer of diesel engines, through its dealer and branch network, and has the technical expertise, the specialist tools, training and experience to assist with marine or industrial diesel engine enquiries for the brands represented.
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your qualifications, skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand.
Call Rob on +64 21 996 796 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should ideally have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa.
Any applications made directly to the company will be referred back to Marinejobs for processing.