Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from photographs, detailed measurements and drawings
- Assist in finalising design solutions and fine details
- Create patterns
- Cut and sew to manufacture the finished piece to a high professional standard
- Assist with installation off site (may be marina or residential location)
- Some interaction with customers
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Extensive experience in the marine industry, not less than five years, ten years preferred
- Skilled in using walking foot industrial sewing machines
- Full clean drivers licence
Anyone short-listed and interviewed will be requested to produce a small work sample to show us exactly what you can do before receiving an offer of employment.
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- A keen eye for detail
- Accuracy in measuring and cutting – right first time!!
- High professional standards of finishing and overall workmanship
- Polite and professional manner
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Reliable with a great team working attitude
- Willing to learn new skills and work as part of a small team producing some top quality products
Applicants should have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Immediate start available if you have what we need.
Wage is negotiable according to experience, the quality of the work you produce and overall workmanship.
This position may also suit someone who is self-employed and looking for some additional income.
The Company - an overview:
West Auckland Upholstery and Covers Ltd specialises in all aspects of commercial, automotive, furniture and marine upholstery and covers from concept to completion.
It designs and manufactures boat covers, upholstery, clears and accessories for marine, residential, commercial and automotive customers with attention to detail and a high quality finish.
Based in West Auckland, the team services all the marinas: Westpark, Te Atatu, West Haven, Orakei plus all the local boat and outboard suppliers.
Super Yacht clients are also catered for.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to email@example.com or call 021 996 796 / 09 815 2393 for more background.
Note that any applications to this advert sent in error directly to West Auckland Upholstery and Covers will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.