Our client is a specialist marine paint shop on the Pohutukawa Coast. It is equipped to deal with boats from 8m up to 17.4m (indoors) and larger craft outdoors in dedicated yard premises.
The company boasts one of the largest dedicated marine paint booths in NZ and offers a full range of services through its team of 10 skilled personnel, typically new build painting, resprays and repairs to a wide range of recreational and commercial vessels.
We are in search of someone to focus on filling, fairing and preparation of boats to a high standard for the painting team to finish.
- filling, fairing and preparation of craft for top coating
- spraying to final coat as a welcome additional skill
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- You may hold NZ Marine Trade Certification as a boat builder or marine finisher (preferred)
- You will have at least three years’ experience in boat fairing and the application of high-performance marine preparatory compounds and finishes to vessels constructed in steel, aluminium and glass fibre, both inside and outside.
- Experience of working with high performance two-pack epoxy systems - some of the work is on very high quality semi-production new builds, and thus work of the highest standard is required.
- Self-sufficient and focused approach to the demands of the role, with the ability to take a job and push it through to completion
- Highly motivated, punctual, well-organised and a disciplined approach to work
- Team player
- Flexible and reliable all rounder
- Neat and tidy worker with a great eye for detail
- Ability to work overtime as and when needed to see a job completed to schedule
This company recognises that it is only as good as the people it employs; it also practices the maxim of ‘you get what you pay for’ and is thus prepared to reward the very best candidates according to the skills and proven experience you will bring to the team.
The range of pay will be discussed early in the application process as we qualify your experience.
42.5 hr working week – 07:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your qualifications, skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland.
Call him on 021 996 796 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants should have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa.
Drug testing may be carried out at the discretion of the company in the recruitment process.