- The main focus of the role will be to service and repair the full range of Volvo Penta marine engines (diesel and petrol) and drive systems, including stern drives, gearboxes and the forward facing IPS drive system.
- The job will be both workshop based and mobile to attend client vessels off site.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Trade Certification as an Auto / Marine Mechanic or Technician, working on service, maintenance and repairs to a range of power and sail craft, with the main focus on inboard engines (although experience on outboards will be put to good use)
- 3+ years of post-qualifying work experience and technical training in a comparable role
- Prior experience in the leisure marine sector is a preferred; we’ll certainly consider highly skilled people wishing to move into the marine world from, say automotive workshop work, subject to experience and orientation to the marine sector
- Knowledge and proven experience of the latest common-rail diesel technology and electronic engine management systems, plus the diagnostic workshop tools that support them
- Track record of great results in a mechanical workshop role, ideally featuring a major marine brand, such as Volvo Penta
- Competent user level of standard desktop IT applications
- Clean NZ car driver licence
- Self-sufficient and autonomous approach to the demands of the role, with the ability to take a job and see it through to completion
- Highly motivated, punctual, well-organised and a disciplined approach to work
- Flexible all rounder
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills to methodically chase down and fix problems
- Neat and tidy worker
- Personable manner with the interpersonal and professional skills to liaise with customers as part of working on their vessels and a readiness to act as a professional ambassador for the company at all times
- Passionate ‘boatie’ preferred!
Wage: negotiable according to experience.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays, with one unpaid half-hour break per day.
Company uniform and footwear is provided.
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your qualifications, skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand.
Call him on +64 21 996 796 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should ideally have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa.
Please note that any applications made directly to the company will be referred back to Marinejobs for processing.