Auckland Marine Centre in Pakuranga is home to a huge range of boats, from modest tinnies to large seven figure launches, both new and used.
The team is seeking an experienced and capable sales person, ideally with a good understanding of marine parts and accessories that comprise the overall boat ‘package’.
Whilst preferred, we do not necessarily require someone with marine sales experience but a proven track record in sales, founded upon formal sales training, is essential.
Knowledge of boats and accessories considered essential and an interest in fishing preferred.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with customers face-to-face in the showroom, on the phone and in timely response to internet enquiries received via the company web site
- Following up all sales enquiries, however received
- Conducting demonstrations and sea trials with customers (and the trade press, as appropriate)
- Customer contact and communication, including representation at boat shows
- Managing the boat sale process all the way through, from first contact to hand-over to the customer, which may include training and familiarisation, followed by after-sales support as requested
- Creating sales listings for new and used boat packages for publication on the company web site and for use in advertising and marketing activities
- Liaison with the work shop team to schedule work as required for PDI, service, repair, etc.
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- A proven track record in Sales, able to demonstrate a structured selling process and approach
- An active boating background (if not already working in the marine sector)
- Experienced in trailing, launch and recovery of boats
- Ideally a foundation marine qualification, such as Day Skipper or Boat Master to ensure competence and confidence on the water
- Effective computer skills in all Microsoft Office desktop programs
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- A tangible appetite to deliver excellent results
- Great team working and time management skills
- Strong focus on details and solid administration skills
- Personable manner and clean and tidy appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with English as a first language
- Remuneration will be a blend of base retainer and commission, to be negotiated to recognise and reward your track record and potential to deliver profitable results.
- Fully expensed company ute, phone, etc.
- Working Hours: the showroom opens every day. The current roster means that you work 10 days out of every 14, with alternate weekends off.
- Normal showroom hours are Mon-Fri: 08:00 -17:00, Sat: (08:30 – 15:30) and Sun: (10:00 – 14:00).
- In common with any such role, some flexibility will be necessary to accommodate client needs, attendance at events, and so on.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 21 996 796.
Any applications sent in error directly to the company will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.