Position: Marine Structural Designer / Draughtsperson
Employment Term: fixed term contract, with potential for permanent job thereafter.
The work will entail working with a small team in a design office producing drawings for construction of aluminium commercial vessels.
Work will include:
- Structural detailing of hulls and superstructures
- General construction drawings
- Creating and nesting of CNC files
- Mechanical systems installation drawings
- Piping system drawings
- General arrangement drawings
- 3D modelling
- Presentation renderings
- Interior fit-out drawings
Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum required drafting experience is 5 years
- Experience with aluminium construction in the marine industry considered essential
- Candidate must be experienced and proficient in AutoCAD LT (2D) and Rhino (3D).
- Naval Architect or Marine Designer qualification not necessarily required, but would be beneficial
Monday to Friday - 42.5 hours per week - 8.5 hour work days
Office at Pine Harbour Marina, Beachlands (which is also supported by a daily commuter ferry service from Auckland CBD).
Ideally, the person appointed will be based in the office full time, but if working under contract then some of the work could be undertaken remotely by someone with the right background experience, with the proviso that at least one day each week was spent in the office.
Applicants should hold the right to work in New Zealand at point of making an application to Marinejobs.