Position: Marine Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
- New engine installation and fit out, together with instrumentation packages
- Routine engine servicing and maintenance on Mercruiser inboards/Alpha and Bravo sterndrives and Mercury two- and four- stroke outboards (all models)
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting, utilizing OEM computerized workshop systems in support
- Carrying out repairs and testing engines
- Sea trials
- Hands on work in the workshop and remotely at the boat location as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Trade Qualified as Marine Technician
- Experience in servicing, troubleshooting and repairing MerCruiser Inboards and Inboard/outboards
- Knowledge on emission control MerCruisers - troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing with the special tools including the G3 diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing Mercury Outboards: 2 stroke carbureted, Optimax, Verado and ALL Mercury four stroke product
- Knowledge of SmartCraft and DTS
- Experience with CDS and the DDT tools used on both MerCruiser and Outboards
- Experience with Joystick Piloting used on a few of the current outboard Mercury Engines
- Electrical wiring, troubleshooting/repairing electrics/accessories, rigging, engine installations (MerCruiser & Outboard)
- Experience on the Yamaha product considered a definite advantage
- Computer literate for use of company email and on-line systems
- Confident with parts identification and ordering from suppliers
- ‘Boatie’ preferred with some practical boating experience
- Clean Driver’s License and able to drive manual transmission vehicle.
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work
- Excellent communication skills and a confident and personable manner
- Clean and tidy worker who likes to keep the workplace the same way
- Starting Salary negotiable.
- Support will be given to secure an appropriate Bermudian work Visa.
- Reasonable contribution towards relocation to Bermuda
Pembroke in Bermuda
PW Marine is one of Bermuda’s premier suppliers of boats, engines, parts and marine supplies covering global brands.
Services include repairs, re-builds, clean installs or existing maintenance, a true one-stop shop.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +64 21 996 796.
Any applications sent in error directly to the company will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure full and fair consideration.