Outline Job Role:
- New engine installation (both new boat rigging / fit out and repowers), together with ancillary engine systems (fuel, electrical power, steering, hydraulics) and dedicated engine instrumentation
- Two- and Four-stroke Outboard engine servicing and repairs (all brands catered for but mainly featuring Yamaha)
- Fault diagnosis, including use of computerised ‘plug in and play’ diagnostic systems
- Rigging trailers (own brand)
- Mainly workshop-based, little or no remote working
Required Qualifications and Background Experience:
- MUST BE Trade Qualified (NZ or recognised international equivalent) as Outboard Mechanic / Technician
- Marine sector experience with a main brand (Yamaha preferred but all brands considered) in a busy workshop for not less than two years after qualifying in your trade
- Own tools required
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work permit.
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work according to manufacturer procedures and guidelines
- Focus on ’right first time’ and no comebacks
- Computer literate for use of company systems
- Confident with parts identification and ordering from suppliers
- Excellent communication skills and genuine team player
- Clean and tidy work habits
Package: Negotiable, with appropriate pay for your training, skills and experience.
Location: North Shore, Auckland
The Company: Award-winning dealership featuring Surtees boats powered by Yamaha engines and mounted on own brand trailers.
Great place to work with regular team activities and social events.
Please forward your CV to Rob Everall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call today on 021 996 796 to get more information about this exciting new opportunity.