Outline Job Duties:
- Senior role in the Outboard Workshop business unit based in Westhaven, up to 2ic level responsibilities and capacity for career growth
- Customer service
- Working to ensure the workshop team is organised and achieves its daily targets
- Two- and Four-stroke Outboard engine servicing and repairs (featuring Yamaha)
- Fault diagnosis, including use of computerised ‘plug in and play’ diagnostic systems
- New engine installation and fit out, together with ancillary engine systems (fuel, electrical power, steering, hydraulics, electrics) and dedicated engine instrumentation
- Sea trials of customer vessels
- Hands-on work both in the workshop and remotely at the customer location as required
Required Qualifications and Background Experience required:
- Trade Qualified (NZ or recognised international equivalent) as Outboard Mechanic / Technician preferred (but foundation automotive trade quals. plus solid base of outboard experience subsequently would be considered)
- At least three years post-qualifying workshop experience and training with a main outboard engine brand (Yamaha preferred) in a busy workshop, working in a role that has ideally included some exposure to sterndrives/gearboxes and 12V electrics
- Some team leadership or supervisory experience in the NZ marine sector an advantage
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work according to manufacturer procedures and guidelines
- Computer literate for use of company email and on-line systems
- Confident with parts identification and ordering from suppliers
- Excellent communication skills and a confident and personable manner
- Clean and tidy worker who likes to keep the workplace the same way
- ‘Boatie’ preferred, ideally with some relevant qualifications (e.g. NZ Day Skipper or better) but must have boat-handling experience in craft of up to 10m in length
- Clean NZ Driver’s License
- Competitive package, negotiable according to experience and capability
- Company Vehicle plus Phone
Freemans Bay workshop adjacent to Westhaven Marina or working remotely at customer boat location (marina berth or hardstand).
You will be working for one of the largest agents for international branded engine products in New Zealand. Through them, opportunities are available to undertake ongoing technical training on the engine range, which is considered by many to lead the field globally.
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please forward your CV to Rob Everall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call today on 021 996 796 to get more information about this exciting opportunity.