Sealegs International is the world's leading manufacturer of amphibious boats and amphibious platform technology, proudly designed, developed and manufactured here in New Zealand.
The company has enjoyed steady and ongoing growth, and consequently now seeks to add a Parts & Service Coordinator to the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling phone and email enquiries from Sealegs dealers and customers in search of technical assistance, back up and support for product information and parts
- Escalating specific product support issues as required
- Diagnosis of which specific parts are required to resolve the reported problems
- Quoting for parts and national / international freight costs where applicable
- Handling direct payments and transactions on account
- Liaising with third party suppliers and placing orders and checking all goods received against an order
- Picking and packing parts for dispatch to customers
- Maintaining accurate service administration records
- Logistics – arranging the deliveries and updating dealers and customers alike on the progress of their order
- Supporting call outs and emergency customer support to effect product repair or recovery
- Delivering craft to customers both by trailer and on water
- Building strong internal relationships with all departments through effective team work and clear, timely communication
- Potential to support out of hours service call outs
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- You may have a trade cert. engineering or light motor vehicles background with appropriate training/qualifications; this would certainly be an advantage to your application, but this is not considered mandatory.
- Of more importance to being effective in this role is your capability to handle technical enquiries effectively, especially with regard to small engines and hydraulics, and to be comfortable to work hands on delivering after sales support, if and when required
- At least 3 years’ experience in the marine or automotive sector, including some experience with hydraulic systems, low voltage electrical, small engine and/or maintenance of outboards
- Experience gained in a comparable marine or automotive parts role would be advantageous
- Competent IT user of standard desktop software packages (inc. Excel) and web browser to research and identify parts as well as product and technical information
- Boating experience is important, whether personal or vocational, including trailing, launching, on- water boat handling and recovery to a trailer (and foundation boating qualifications, such as NZ Day Skipper or Boat Master, a strong advantage)
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Accomplished and confident communicator who can work effectively with dealers, customers and suppliers
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Well-organised and methodical approach to work duties
- Attention to detail and delivering a high degree of accuracy considered essential
- Practical and flexible to take on a range of challenges, mechanically-minded and confident to work on the product in support of a customer
- Mature approach, displaying empathy, discretion and sound judgement
- Reliable, someone who callers can count on day in, day out
- Team player
- English language skills of a high standard
- Full NZ Class 1 Driving Licence and experience driving with a trailer
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary will be qualified with potential candidates early in the application process.
The normal weekday work hours are 07:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with overtime and out of hours work available to ensure comprehensive support cover.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa (with at least six months unexpired at point of application) to be considered for this position.
A cover letter MUST be submitted with your CV, please, setting out why you are the right person to take up this challenge.