Objective of the Role:
To provide ongoing Product and Service sales and support for a growing customer base throughout New Zealand in the Off-Highway Engine and Power Systems market, by actively promoting all aspects of the Penske Power Systems (PPS) business.
Considered effective when sales targets are met or exceeded by establishing, building and retaining effective business relationships with industrial/commercial and marine sector clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
(a detailed position description will be provided early in the recruitment dialogue):
- Attain and refine a level of technical competence in order to be able to promote and sell the PPS Off-Hwy Diesel Engine range of engine and service/support solutions effectively
- Schedule a regular call / visit cycle with customers, dealers & OEM’s, creating and maintaining sound and professional commercial relationships and ongoing customer satisfaction through the delivery of effective and timely service across NZ
- Identify and pursue new opportunities for business growth
- Prepare quotations and deliver sales presentations
- Meet or exceed targets sales and key performance targets
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic business plans
- Provide technical support for all products sold, which will include oversight of engine installations and timely and accurate diagnosis of technical issues and fault codes
- Liaise effectively with the parts and service teams
- Active participation in marketing and promotional activities, such as sector trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and special campaigns
- Maintain accurate records and producing regular sales and activity reports as directed.
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Trade qualifications in diesel mechanics or comparable field or a Mechanical Engineering qualification at degree or trade level
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a sales/account management role in a relevant industry
- Proven sales and business development skills
- Experience in industrial and/or marine engine sales and technical product knowledge, which includes a solid understanding of common rail diesels and the latest engine management technologies
- Ability to read and interpret/apply product information bulletins from Parts & Service
- Ability to apply appropriate and timely problem solving techniques to technical and service issues
- Competent in business computer systems
- Prior experience of working with CRM Systems to underpin your activity is desirable
- Full clean NZ Class 1 Driver’s license
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Customer service focus coupled to astute commercial acumen
- Self-motivated with effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to work independently and to arrive at confident and well-informed decisions
- Personable and confident manner and the ability to develop long-term commercial relationships
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Quiet and professional confidence to present to small and large groups of people, whether in ‘training’ or ‘sales’ mode – we’ll take substance over style every time
- Team orientation and focus to make the very best of internal relationships
- Flexibility to travel and be away from home periodically (the position will require the ability to travel within NZ which may require your being out of Auckland for perhaps one week in four on average).
Applicants should ideally have the right of NZ Residency or hold a valid NZ work Visa at the time of application.
- Full time permanent position, available immediately
- Remuneration will be a competitive base salary plus commission (O.T.E. $100k+)
- Fully expensed company vehicle, plus mobile and laptop
- Family friendly benefits
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Program
Ongoing personal and professional training and development is readily available and actively encouraged.
The Company - an overview:
Penske Commercial Vehicles NZ (a subsidiary of the Penske Automotive Group with worldwide operations employing over 40,000 employees) is the exclusive importer and distributor of Western Star Trucks, MAN Trucks and Buses, as well as Dennis Eagle Trucks.
With a network of Dealers, Penske provides fully authorised parts, service and warranty functions for all three brands from it modern purpose built facility in Wiri.
Penske Power Systems is a leading distributor of diesel / petrol engines and power systems, operating across some of the most dynamic Off-Highway markets in the country and offering technologically advanced and well-respected brands, including MTU, Mercedes Benz and Detroit.
Focus industry sectors for Penske Group products and services include: on-highway, defence, mining, marine, rail, power generation, oil & gas, commercial & industrial.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
This is a sales position, so we’ll be looking very carefully at how you promote yourself to us before we pick up the phone.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 996 796 / 09 815 2393 for more background.
Note that any applications sent in error directly to PPS will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.