In the main, we will be looking for experienced and trade certified people; additionally, some less experienced staff will be hired for more manual work and labouring duties in the interests of delivering a cost-effective build.
We’re kicking things off with DESIGN and Supervisors to run ELECTRICAL and COMPOSITE teams respectively.
Project Team requirements (start up)
Design personnel x 2 – required from outset and for the full duration of the project – relevant marine experience is important, but not necessarily to Naval Architect level.
Applicants should be experienced users of AutoCAD and SolidWorks or Rhino 3D software.
One Design position has now been filled, and we require a slightly more junior person to take up the second seat.
- Management of the drawing files, including documentation in the existing library
- General arrangement drawing updates
- Update machinery and equipment layout drawings
- Modification to existing engineering system drawings
- Workshop drawings for engineering systems
- Modification to existing joinery envelope drawings
- Composite structural drawings to reflect changes (overall re-style has been contracted out so this will be the engineering details to incorporate the new design and resultant changes)
- Workshop drawings for joinery layout arrangements
- Creation of operational manuals and supporting documentation for the vessel (also required for sale)
- 3D modelling
This position will be for the duration of the build, expected 18 – 24 months. The design work is 95% complete; Main and sub boards are in position; some wiring is installed; 40% of the ship’s equipment is installed.
- Review the supplied design work
- Assess compatibility of ship’s equipment, switch gear and generators
- Order materials as required
- Manage the installation of cabling and equipment
- Oversee a small team of up to 5 electricians and additional labourers as required
- Assess class requirements and apply rules as necessary
- Commission equipment
- Compile suitable operational manuals (electrical)
- The candidate will need to be experienced in all aspects of large vessel, electrical installations.
This position will be for a period of not less than a year, maybe longer.
- Construction techniques will include vacuum bonding and Core laminates
- Work will be carried out under Class requirements (DNV)
- Monitoring and recording of all work will be required
- Candidate will have to show previous experience working with this type of construction system and management of staff.
Wages are negotiable according to the skills and experience you bring and will be discussed early in the application process to qualify your interest.
All applicants must already possess the right to live and work in NZ in order to be considered.