Core duties and accountabilities include:
- Identify, win, retain and develop customer accounts within your own portfolio
- Liaise with customers, architects, engineers, engineering consultants and fit-out specialists throughout the sales and delivery execution processes
- Deliver a high level of customer service as an individual and through effective liaison with others in the wider business team
- Proactively contribute to the company’s continued position as a sector leader and innovator by providing market feedback to the team
- Report on the performance of your client portfolio, as required, using established tools and systems
Reports to: Sales Manager
Background and Qualifications:
- A background in the engineering sector, whether mechanical or derived from the construction sector and importantly including exposure to HVAC plant and equipment
- Commercial/sales experience (preferably 3+ years) and preferably acquired in relevant engineering sectors
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be given due weight and consideration but are not mandatory, as we are looking for the best all-round sales engineer we can find
- Project management skills will be of value to support performance at the highest level.
We are open-minded as to someone's background qualifications and experience; success in this role will depend on a combination of expertise and those key attributes which will enable you to work across the team to fulfil your responsibilities, such as:
- Team player who is motivated to sell and to apply a can-do, solution-oriented approach to challenges
- Commercially-astute and always seeking new opportunities, which will also deliver a profitable outcome
- Infectious enthusiasm and energetic attitude, feeding an appetite to succeed
- Engaging, personable with the confident interpersonal and communication skills to build a rapport with people at all levels
- Proactive, responsive, self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Hard-working, diligent and methodical, bringing visible energy and focus to the task in hand, and able to work to deadlines
- Diligent administrator with a keen eye for details
- Well presented
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to travel within NZ as required (although the role is Auckland based)
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary: geared to recognise and reward professional experience and commercial expertise; an indication of salary range and other benefits will be provided to candidates at the point of application, as part of the pre-qualification dialogue.
The role is based with the Head Office team in East Tamaki, Auckland in modern offices.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand before you will considered for this position.
Holyoake Industries Ltd is pre-eminent in Australasia in the manufacture and sale of innovative commercial air management and HVAC-related equipment, with well over 60 years' experience of product development, service and the delivery of outstanding results.
Based in New Zealand and Australia, the group also has diversified commercial interests including: vehicle servicing and repair, distribution of Volvo Penta marine inboard engines and transmissions, property, forestry and farming interests.
Collectively, the group employs in the order of 300 staff and operates at the sophisticated level one would expect from a diverse group with multiple business interests and holdings. It offers a very sound basis to build a long-term career.
Forward your CV and a covering letter outlining how you perceive your 'fit' to this role directly to Rob Everall at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You should think of the covering letter as your first sales presentation and an important part of the application process.
Further telephone discussion may than take place to qualify your potential for a place on a shortlist for a screening interview.
Any enquiries lodged directly with Holyoake will automatically be referred to Marinejobs for processing.