- Liaison with the vessel owner before, during and upon completion of all necessary work to draw up a work list and then make arrangements for the repairs and maintenance to be carried out by in-house and local professionals (where requested)
- Organisation and forward scheduling of all work required
- (As 2 i.c. to the Service Manager) Supervision and day-to-day management of the yard workforce – this includes checking daily time sheets against work activity and completion plus daily ‘whiteboard’ (or similar) communication of progress against plan and key priorities.
- The objective is that everyone is on the same page and pulling in the same direction.
- Oversight of all authorised sub-contracted staff seeking access to the site
- Project management of all work undertaken to a vessel (only where required – customers can also carry out the work themselves and simply rent hard standing)
- Final inspection and checks of all completed work on client boats (where project managed)
- Handover of the finished job to the client (where relevant)
- Regular management reporting on agreed performance targets and highlighting key issues arising
- Accountable for customer satisfaction with all yard services
- Assist with Health & Safety protocols being maintained and enforced on site to ensure the ongoing safety of customers and staff
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- Trade Certified in a foundation marine discipline would be an advantage, likely to be one of:
- Composite boat building, refit and repair
- Shipwright / shipyard engineering
- Offshore sailing experience considered important
- Not less than three years’ experience in a comparable role, maybe as a Leading Hand seeking to move up to a full managerial role
- Practical on-board knowledge of boats and sound technical skills that will instil confidence in those around you
- Hard working with a tangible commitment to deadlines and results
- Capable project supervisor who is dexterous with the project management ‘toolbox’ of techniques and measures (whilst recognising that a critical component of this skill group is communication with staff and stakeholders alike)
- Team player who can extract the best from the people and resources at your disposal
- Proactive and positive approach – problems will arise on a day-to-day basis, your job will be to identify and deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- You’ll enjoy keeping your hand in on the tools to assist when some help is needed by the team to get a job done, and you’ll readily share your skills and knowledge
- Engaging and confident interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels
- Focus on delivering outstanding customer service – customers will be confident of leaving their projects in your hands
- Naturally well-organised, good time manager and capable of operating effectively in a busy environment by juggling priorities to get the work done
- Competent administrative and IT skills, including use of MS Office tools, Email and potentially project management software
- Proactive and responsive
- Meticulous focus on detail
- Will have excellent spoken and written English skills
- Non-smoker preferred
- NZ Class 1 Driving Licence
Start Date: soonest
Excellent salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be discussed in more detail with suitably qualified and experienced applicants.
All employees are subject to a medical examination and testing upon joining and employment is conditional upon the results of these tests.
Norsand Boatyard is a family-owned and operated work and storage facility less than 2kms from the centre of Whangarei in Northland, New Zealand, where the marine sector is thriving and growing. Focused mainly on sailing craft - and specialising in multihulls - it can cater for vessels of up to 100 tons and with a beam of up to 11m, operating both custom-built hydraulic trailers and conventional railway track haul out.
It is a busy facility, boasting comprehensive on site refit / repair services, and can cater for a wide range of work, including a specialist rigging and paint shop. On site facilities also allow for those owners who live on their vessels to enjoy many home comforts whilst the work is being carried out.
The marine scene in Whangarei is thriving and offers a Northland location where the life:work balance can truly be realised, and yet still be just a couple of hours drive from Auckland when you need it.
For more information, visit http://www.norsand.co.nz
Please forward your CV and a detailed covering letter aligning your skills and professional experience to these requirements to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz Ltd in Auckland, New Zealand.
Call him on +64 21 996 796 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org