Outboard Marine Technologies Ltd of Wiri is a dealer in Mercury outboards and Mercruiser sterndrives and operates a well-equipped mechanical service centre, specialising in Mercury and Evinrude marine engine products and high performance parts. It is also a distributor of a huge range of aftermarket marine parts.
Internal changes have opened up an opportunity for someone to join in Parts Sales.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manning the front Parts Sales desk
- Answering inbound phone calls and responding to email enquiries
- Cash sale of parts, outboard engines and consumables to ‘walk-in’ retail cash customers
- Supply of components, consumables and materials to marine trade and account customers
- Developing strong relationships with trade customers, which may include conducting scheduled visits to dealers around New Zealand, although not immediately.
- Identification of correct stock parts for sale/supply
- Picking and packing outbound orders for dispatch to customers as required
- Ensuring the accuracy of invoicing for everything sold
- Assisting the warehouse and inventory team as requested
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a comparable marine or automotive parts sales position (or you may be an experienced technician with good customer-facing skills wishing to get ‘off the tools’).
- Technical training or qualification in a marine or automotive environment a distinct advantage
- Mechanical aptitude and technical orientation
- Intermediate-level computer experience (specifically MS Outlook/Excel)
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and over the phone
- Commitment to delivering great customer service
- Effective interpersonal skills to engage with customers and build a rapport
- Excellent attention to detail, such as following up on outstanding queries and orders
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Full-time permanent role
- Five-day working week from 08:00 to 18:00 (plus some Saturdays)
Salary is negotiable and will be geared to recognise experience and competence in a senior position of responsibility and trust.
An indication of the available salary range will be provided to candidates at the point of application, as part of the pre-qualification dialogue.
All Candidates will preferably have NZ Residency and a valid NZ Work Visa at the point of lodging an application.
The nature of the role requires that a NZ Police Criminal Record check may be undertaken prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Forward your CV and a covering letter presenting your ‘fit’ to this role directly to Rob Everall at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Feel free to call Rob for a chat on 021 996 796.
Thanks for your interest!