We are searching for a Service Technician to join the liferaft servicing and inflatable boat repair division of Hutchwilco, specifically Wilco Marine Services, which is based in the heart of the marine precinct in Westhaven, Auckland.
This team sits at the hub of the new Auckland marine precinct, which is now shaping up in readiness for the Americas Cup in 2021 and is forecast to support 500 jobs.
It’s going to get very busy! We need the right team in place to capitalize on the potential for growth.
We are open to consider applicants from a wide range of backgrounds, with an inclination towards taking on an inexperienced but promising trainee for development, but equally if you already have a background in this type of work, do come and talk to us!
At the very least, you will have at least some background of working in a manual trade or engineering discipline to demonstrate your competence and dexterity with hand and mechanical tools and equipment.
Normal work duties, once trained and certified as a Liferaft Technician, will encompass:
- Marine Life Raft and evacuation system testing and packing
- Service and repair of inflatable boats from recreational up to commercial/military specification
- Service/repair of lifejackets and personal marine safety products for the recreational and commercial sectors, which encompasses EPIRB and PLB devices as well as buoyancy aids.
Work may be both on- and off-site, and will involve use of a company vehicle, and so a full clean Driver’s licence is a prerequisite for the job.
You should be aware that the work will necessarily involve exposure to industrial adhesives and solvents, with the provision of full PPE as required.
The candidate we select will demonstrate:
- a practical ‘can do’ approach and a keen eye for detail
- an eagerness to learn and develop new skills through to Certified Technician level (full training will be provided)
- a flexible mind-set with a willingness to adapt to new challenges
- the ability to follow workplace procedures and instructions diligently
- physical fitness in order to move equipment around safely
- good team attitude with a proactive approach to work
- effective communication and interpersonal skills, as you will sometimes be in direct interaction with customers on their vessels
- neat and tidy personal presentation to serve as an ambassador for the business
- a good standard of written English
Wage is negotiable according to your experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, between 8.00am and 5.00pm and overtime may be required on occasion.
Applicants must already possess the right to live and work in New Zealand (Residency or NZ work visa) at the time of lodging your interest in this position.
Please submit your CV and a brief introductory letter (or email) to Rob Everall of Marinejobs.
Write to email@example.com or feel free to call 021 996 796 for more information.
[Image ©Hutchwilco Ltd]