Sealegs International is the world's leading manufacturer of amphibious boats and amphibious platform technology, proudly designed, developed and manufactured here in New Zealand.
The company has enjoyed steady and ongoing growth, and consequently now seeks to add a Service Technician to the team.
Reports to: Service Manager
PURPOSE: To provide support for Sealegs Craft, Sealegs related products and conduct servicing and repairs of Sealegs Craft for Sealegs International.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake product servicing and repair to required company standards
- Delivery of timely and professional back up and support service to customers
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Delivering craft to customers, both by trailer and on water, ensuring that the boat is clean and well presented
- Maintaining accurate Product Support, Service and Customer records
- Supporting call outs and emergency customer support to effect product repair or recovery
- Building strong internal relationships with all departments through effective team work and clear, timely communication, in particular with the Service Manager and Administrator
- Escalating specific product support issues as necessary
- Support out of hours service call outs
- Maintain a current knowledge of the evolving Sealegs product range, especially technical developments
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- Ideally trade certified in Marine (preferred) or Automotive engineering (light motor mechanical)
- At least 4 years’ experience in marine or motor related trade/business, including some experience with hydraulic systems and maintenance of outboard engines
- Proven mechanical and technical competency in a technical role
- Basic administration and PC skills with Microsoft Office applications
- Boating experience is important, whether personal or vocational, including trailing, launching, on- water boat handling and recovery to a trailer (and foundation boating qualifications, such as NZ Day Skipper or Boat Master, considered an advantage)
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Well-organised and methodical approach to work duties
- Attention to detail and intent on delivering work of a high quality
- Practical and flexible to take on a range of challenges
- Reliable team player
- Good command of the English language
- Full NZ Class 1 Driving Licence and experience driving with a trailer
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary will be qualified with potential candidates early in the application process.
Hours: 07:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 07:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on Friday
Overtime and out of hours work available.
Candidates must already have NZ Permanent Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa to be considered for this position.
A cover letter should be submitted with your CV, setting out why you are the right person to take up this challenge.