- Conducting all required pre- and post-sailing checks
- Ensuring vessel compliance as per internal operational requirements, MR Part 19 (MOSS) and HSAW 2015
- Operating vessels with a focus on passenger, crew and vessel safety
- Providing crew supervision and training as required
- Timely completion of administrative tasks including timely and accurate reporting
- Maintaining schedules as per the timetable
- Proactively ensuring the vessel achieves full operational capability every day.
Core Qualifications and Work Experience:
Essential: a minimum qualification of a CLM, ILM (Ringfenced) or SRL (Passenger endorsed) certificate, ranging to NZOW/NZOM depending on the routes sailed.
A proven record of marine experience.
A minimum of three years of appropriate vessel operational experience in inshore/coastal waters.
Current Marine Engineer Class 6
High speed Endorsement / Endorsed to operate a vessel up to 24m. Fast ferry and Hamilton Water jet unit experience
- Focus on the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Competent understanding of marine engineering
- Able to work under pressure, autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate a positive, solutions focused and customer centric approach
Terms and Remuneration:
The hourly rate of pay will be discussed with suitably qualified/experienced applicants early in the dialogue.
This is currently a Monday-Friday operation, with shifts starting between 5.30-7 a.m. and finishing between 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
Manning rosters can mean a 12-hour day or a split shifts.
Weekend charter work will be required from time to time.
Competitive employment package including medical insurance, full training, ongoing personal development opportunities, a uniform and travel privileges.
Please note: All applicants will be required to provide proof of their qualifications and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Any appointment will be subject to a satisfactory drug test and security check.
The Company and Vessels:
SeaLink Travel Group is dedicated to the operation of a top quality service through its fleet of vessels operating on the Hauraki Gulf, transporting passengers, cars and freight to Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands, as well as a commuter service from Pine Harbour.
The fleet of high-speed ‘Clipper’ catamaran commuter ferries covers the Pine Harbour / Auckland CBD route twenty times a day in a little over 30 minutes, with a capacity of up to 99 passengers per journey, depending on vessel. Vessels also offer private charters around the Hauraki Gulf.
Smaller ferries can be solo-operated by the Skipper.
To apply for this role, contact Rob Everall via email@example.com today, or call on 021 996 796 for a confidential chat.
(Any applications submitted directly to the team at SeaLink will be referred to Marinejobs for processing).