- Conducting all required pre- and post-sailing checks
- Ensuring all vessel licence and crew tickets compliance, as per internal marine operational requirements, MTOP and Health and Safety regulations
- Operating vessels with a focus on passenger, crew and vessel safety at all times
- Providing crew supervision and proactive coaching/training as required
- Timely completion of administrative tasks, including timely and accurate reporting as required
- Maintaining ferry schedules as per the timetable
- Proactively ensuring the vessel achieves full operational capability every day.
Core Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Current Master ticket 500GT or SRL with > 24 meters endorsement or equivalent commercial ticket
- Current Marine Engineer Class 6
- Current First Aid
- Marine experience in command on comparable vessels of ten years or more
- Expertise in MOSS and H&S compliance
- Experience of working with the public
- Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ)
- Bar Managers Licence
- Fork hoist licence
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills, a confident communicator
- Focus on the delivery of great customer service
- Able to work under pressure, autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate a positive, solutions- focused and customer-centric approach
- Proactive and supportive trainer and mentor to crew
Terms and Remuneration:
The hourly rate of pay will be discussed with suitably qualified/experienced applicants early in the dialogue, and a full Position Description will be provided for review.
The working day commences between 5:30 and 6:00 a.m. and may end at 8 p.m.
Vessels operate on a strict 3 days on/3 days off manning roster, which incorporates scheduled and chartered services within a minimum 40-hr working week.
The Christmas and summer periods are very busy and demanding, when full staff availability is required, and so there is no annual leave in December and January.
Competitive package including medical insurance, full training, ongoing personal development opportunities, a uniform and travel privileges.
Please note: All applicants will be required to provide proof of their qualifications and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Any appointment will be subject to a satisfactory drug/alcohol test and security check.
The Company and Vessels:
SeaLink Travel Group is dedicated to the operation of a top quality service through its fleet of vessels operating on the Hauraki Gulf, transporting passengers, cars and freight to Waiheke and Great Barrier Islands, as well as a commuter service from Pine Harbour.
The fleet of high-speed ‘Clipper’ catamaran commuter ferries covers the Pine Harbour / Auckland CBD route twenty times a day in a little over 30 minutes, with a capacity of up to 99 passengers per journey, depending on vessel. Vessels also offer private charters around the Hauraki Gulf.
Smaller ferries can be solo-operated by the Skipper.
To apply for this role, contact Rob Everall via email@example.com today, or call on 021 996 796 for a confidential chat.
(Any applications submitted directly to the team at SeaLink will be referred to Marinejobs for processing).