In this contracted role, you’ll be responsible for providing leadership and direction to the supplier base and your clients, that is the members of the Marinelink Merchants Ltd Buying Group (with a national spread of retail outlets in NZ).
The objective is to achieve increased sales revenue and growth through developing and promoting the marine aftermarket product range and facilitating competitive access to the world’s leading marine brands and then promoting them to the NZ Buying Group and its customers.
Based in: New Zealand-wide (but Auckland an advantage)
Start Date: ideally by July 2019
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the leadership team to establish sales/margin targets and objectives and then implementing agreed strategies and promotions to member businesses
- Setting and achieving targets for sales and net margin on product lines
- Identification of new products and suppliers to ensure a fresh and evolving product range
- Supplier relationships: establishment, oversight and development
- Supplier negotiations on behalf on Marinelink
- Boat Show set up and stand operation, followed by pack down
- Preparation / publication of Annual Marketing Flyers: Winter, Spring and Summer seasons
- Timely and accurate communication to group members and staff
- Feeding all current and relevant information on boating accessories and products to Members and marketing companies
- Organising and running the AGM on behalf of the Board
- Regular scheduled reporting and a brief monthly presentation to the executive team
- Frequent travel within New Zealand is important in this role; periodic travel further afield to meet with suppliers is also required.
What Background might you have come from?
- We have an inclination towards experience derived and honed in the retail – as opposed to wholesale – sector, but we are open to hear from the best candidates available
- You will have a keen awareness of the competitive retail environment, evolving consumer behaviours and the technical platforms variously supporting those behaviours (e.g. use of personal mobile devices to source and compare pricing instantly; optimisation of the on line offer to different mobile display platforms)
What Specific Experience and Skills/Competences are we looking for?
- Proven leadership and negotiation capabilities, with a proven track record of results and a tangible appetite for continued success
- Sales and marketing skills
- Politically astute and aware to manage the buying group member companies in a well-structured and even-handed manner, applying a decisive steer if and when required
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with an eye for an opportunity
- Able to keep a keen eye on the competition
- Proactive focus on building lasting and mutually-beneficial supplier relationships
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve or to exceed KPI’s
- Adept to an intermediate / advanced level in utilising Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- A solid understanding of digital marketing, the use of social networking and pathways to market in these channels. The appointee will be the first point of contact for such channels.
- A keen interest and knowledge of either boating, marine, leisure or aftermarket marine products
As this will be a contracted role, the person appointed will be required to agree to a contract with non-competitive limitations on which other businesses you might be involved with, should that question arise.
- Focused and enthusiastic
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills
- Outstanding communicator with strong written and oral English communication skills
Terms and Remuneration:
To be determined in discussion with suitably experienced applicants in the preliminary stages of the assessment process following application.
Please note that:
- Applicants MUST already possess the legal right to live and work in NZ at point of lodging your application
- Applications from people not fulfilling this criterion will NOT be short-listed.
Please submit a covering letter (mandatory) to position your suitability to be considered for this challenge, together with a detailed CV, which should naturally headline your commercial successes in comparable positions.
No interviews are anticipated prior to 20-June-2019, in order to allow time for a pool of applicants to be assembled.
Write to Rob Everall at Marinejobs on firstname.lastname@example.org or call now for a confidential chat on +64 21 996 796