Marinejobs is the only recruiter in NZ catering exclusively to the needs of the shore-based workshop trades and services which comprise the bedrock of our vibrant marine sector, especially marine diesel engineers and outboard technicians.
Employer demand is such that we have a profound shortage in these critical skills areas with multiple roles available immediately; Marinejobs is therefore committing to a campaign to attract candidate applications from the UK, where the training and marine technology in common usage will be directly comparable to the NZ market.
We also (well, almost!) share the same language.
If you have the following qualifications, skills and experience, our client businesses are ready to talk to YOU:
- Trade Certification as an Auto / Marine Mechanic or Technician, working on service, maintenance and repairs to a range of power and sail craft, with the main focus on inboard engines (although experience on outboards will be put to equally good use)
- Not less than 3 years’ post-qual. work experience
- Ability to service and repair the full range of main brand marine engines (diesel and petrol) and drive systems, including stern drives, gearboxes and the IPS drive system
- Prior experience in the leisure marine sector is preferred; we’ll certainly consider highly-skilled people wishing to move into the marine world from, say automotive workshop work, subject to experience and orientation to the marine sector
- Knowledge and proven experience of the latest common-rail diesel technology and electronic engine management systems, plus the computerised diagnostic tools that support them
- Track record of great results in a mechanical workshop role, ideally featuring a global marine brand, such as Volvo Penta or Yanmar
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills to methodically chase down and fix problems
- Competent user level of standard desktop IT applications
- Self-sufficient and autonomous approach with the ability to see a job through to completion
- Highly motivated, punctual, well-organised and a disciplined approach to work
- Flexible all-rounder
- Neat and tidy worker
- Personable manner with the interpersonal and professional skills to liaise with customers at all times
- Passionate ‘boaties’ preferred!
If this this opportunity sounds like it might be for you, we’d like to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to set the scene and tell us what you are seeking to achieve from a move to New Zealand.
We are not looking for tourists, but people who are serious about putting down long-term roots to fulfil both work and life aspirations.
You can learn more about Marinejobs by visiting http://www.marinejobs.co.nz and you’ll find all the contact information you will need readily to hand.
If you’d prefer to phone, there is a handy clock when you first land on the Marinejobs website telling you the current time in NZ.
We'll do our best to accommodate your call, but it is best to email ahead to schedule an appointment.
Come and talk to us today, it may be the best call you’ll ever make!!
(See NZ Government web site, https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/node/440 for more information about living and working in New Zealand)