Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with customers face-to-face in the showroom, on the phone and ensuring a timely response to follow up all enquiries received
- Representation at boat shows
- Sale of new boats (sail and power) and liaison with the manufacturer throughout the order/delivery process, as well as ancillary suppliers (e.g. for fitting out with accessories, etc.)
- Sale of brokerage vessels, starting from assessing new enquiries for brokerage and creating listings
- Conducting vessel demonstrations and sea trials with customers
- Owning the boat sale process all the way through, from first contact to hand-over to the customer, which may include training and familiarisation, followed by after-sale support
Qualifications and Experience sought:
- A proven track record in selling boats is preferable, but not essential
- An active boating background and ideally an existing marine client base which you have built
- Experienced and confident boat handler
- Effective computer skills in all Microsoft Office desktop programs
- Full NZ Driver’s license (mandatory)
Personal Attributes and Qualities sought:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent customer contact and communication
- Readiness to work hard and deliver results
- Motivated team working approach geared to a collaborative approach
- Strong focus on details underpinned by diligent administration skills
- Experience and expertise biased towards power boats an advantage, to complement the existing team
- Contracted role, full time, available immediately
- Remuneration will solely commission-based
- Working Hours: 6 day work week and weekends are rostered.
- As a contractor you will have the flexibility to set your own agenda.
Candidates must be a NZ citizen / NZ Permanent Resident or possess the established right to live and work in New Zealand at time of applying to be considered for this position.
Please email Rob Everall of Marinejobs.co.nz with your CV and a covering letter aligning your skills and expertise to this role.
Write to email@example.com or call 021 996 796 / 09 815 2393 for more background.
Note that any applications sent in error directly to Busfield Marine will be referred to Marinejobs for processing to ensure parity of consideration of all applicants.